Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Remember me.

and you try to ignore a face you've seen
before.
in another life
trying to forget
remember when.

slammed doors & a
late night arousal
the animal yearning
to satiate and be
sedated.

the dawn peering through the nearby windows
revealing a street
not yet
warmed by the sun.

acknowledging it
not accepting it
Jekyll into Hyde.
"you disgust me."
is his late night lullaby
in which comfort finds no sight.

I used
to let myself cry
and pray that I
could fix it
and love would let
destruction stray.

no longer will tears be released.
no longer will I allow the words to seep
into me
Le parole mi fanno male.

by morning time
all will be erased
and I will be convinced
it was all a dream.
so close it may had seemed
real to me.

then
he'll turn over
and that smile will
radiate
revealing the dawn.

in the glimmer of those eyes
once filled with anger
veritably
will kiss me
not remembering in evening past
what crime took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment